Monday, May 16, 2005

. . . and ANOTHER thing . . .

I'd intended to add this to the preceding post, but I got onto such a flaming rant that I forgot about it.

Addendum: And then there's the fact that "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" has become a hit Broadway show. Gag me. Inane lyrics ". . . and our pretty Chitty Bang Bang loves us, too!" with saccharine love interest "Truly Scrumptious" (maybe I can forgive the Bond-girl name, since the story was written--rather unbelievably--by Bond creator himself, Ian Fleming. A little more family friendly than Pussy Galore). A flying car goes out over the audience. I wonder what the insurance implications of that were. "Mommy! Mommy! Here comes the car and it's going to land on us!"

BLEAH! Yes, I've become a theater Scrooge! Bah humbug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home