Tuesday, November 01, 2005

What Kind of English Do You Speak?

This is just too bizarre. I know for a fact that I speak much more Dixie than reflected here. Or at least I think in Dixie.

And there is absolutely nowhere for the Upper Midwestern to have come from, except two years in Chicago and six months in South Bend, Indiana. Or hanging around a couple of kids in my college dorm 'way long time ago who came from Minnesota. They said "Paaap" for "Pop." But I don't say "pop" at all!

Hummmppphhh!




Your Linguistic Profile:



50% General American English

25% Yankee

15% Dixie

10% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern


Y'all oughtter go there and gitcher own disappointments. Me, I b'lieve ahm gonna go get me some leaf. (To you who do not speak North Carolinian, that means COLLARD GREENS! Not them other kinda leafs.)

Help me. I need a diction coach! If my mother were alive, she'd disown me, y'all. And to my shamed ancestors, believe me, I still loves me a Scooter Pie and a RC Cola. And a mess o'leaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home