Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Dumb and Dumber

Sometimes it just feels good to 'fess up to one's own foolishness. It provides a little balancing perspective, thus helping a person not be so mean to other folks by laughing at, taunting, or talking behind their backs. Deride not, lest ye be derided.

A couple of weeks ago I was in the car with G, Tyke, and S on the way to the ice-cream capitol of our area. I knew I did not have any cash for the transaction, so we stopped at the bank. This was a Sunday, and of course the bank itself was not open, but I assumed I would go to the ATM in the separate vestibule. I went to the outer door, and to my surprise, it was LOCKED.

I was miffed, and once back in the car I started hurling diatribes about how stupid and inconsiderate it was for a bank to lock up its ATM on the weekend, and what were they thinking, anyway??!!!

And gently, from the back seat, G said, "Mom, I think you're supposed to use your card to unlock the door."

I glanced in the rearview mirror and immediately saw a card slot, big as life, directly to the right of the door handle.

Oops.

After that, we got some money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home